Monday, December 19, 2011

"WHICH PASSWORD ENCRYPTION IS BETTER ?"


One day, I came to my friend’s room just wanted to copy and searched some music for my mobile ringtones. When I got there, I saw that his computer connected to internet. I thought that he used a modem, but I didn’t see it. He told me that he just used a wifi adapter on his computer and cathed some wifi signal belongs to his neighbor, and he can used it from his room with free (he was using a dektop).. he.. he.. he..

I was wondering, how did he do that ? then he explained everything to me all about.
It was interested, I was just thinking that it was something that I wanted to learned. People may said that he stolen his wifi neighbor, I don’t know what u think, but there is something that makes me interested since it was. It’s not about stealing but it’s about how to broke, he.. he.. he..

Then I had a plan to buyed a computer and collecting some money. And then I have a desktop 3 month after. I had a plan to buyed new one from a store at the first time, but I didn’t. and then my friend setted new desktop for me, cause he was setting his own computer also at the same time when it was.
I began learning basic computer with him. I may not an IT like you of course, and I may not good as well, but I like it.

I started learning how to broke wifi from my friends, but they didn’t tell me everything untill finished. So, I learned it by myself from internet, and this time I am gonna share with you how to make secure your wifi based on some experinces that I had been tried. I have share about this in my previously post, so you can read it again if you want to.

For those whom using wifi modem right now, I suggest you to make it secure using encryption. Make it lock using security password, so anybody won’t be able to use it when they catch it.

As far as I know, each modem has been setted default when you buy it since the first time by the company, but sometimes it unsecure and has to be set again, and I suggest you to use “WPA Password Encyrption”.

Those below are some reasons why does WPA is still the most secure one :

WEP is secure authentication. You can set it using 128 bit methode authentication “SHARE KEY” better then “OPEN SISTEM”, but they still can broke it in 15 minutes with easily atfer they got more than 5000VI transfer rate passwords in excellent strength (depend to signal strength).




WPA is different on cracking, you must get a handshake and have a good dictionary attack to crack. You will never get luck if the password is not on passphrase. It’s gonna take long hours, even days or weeks. And you even may got failed. So, you better use WPA and use password combination which is the hardest one.
(these are some passwords which (mostly) are easier to broke : 12345678, 87654321, 12344321, etc)

I suggest you to use numbers, words, and letters combination with more than 8 digit.

I had tried wordlist dictionary attack which has 400MB size, there are more than 3 million passwords, finished in 6,5 hours using i3 processor, and 9 hours using Core2Duo.
Everything that I wrote above is cracking using wordlist dictionary attack, so you may crack it easily if you have another tools program or another system.


Note :
I have some friend from across who can broke my signal in my room from his country (He use other system/programs)
I have another friend from across also, he said that you may even got failed, even you use wordlist 1GB, he suggest me to makes my own wordlist using wordlist generator.

So, how about you ? you wanna try ? or perhaps you wanna share something with me, he.. he…




_____________________________________________
**I am sorry about my english.........
English is not my native language, I just wanna have practice. I hope u understand about what i've wrote.. and do know what I am saying... he... he... he....